eLearning Module One – Introduction to Falls Prevention
1 May 2021 - 1 May 2030Free
Developed for exercise and activity coordinators (i.e. fitness instructors, therapy assistants and peer exercise leaders), this module aims to equip non-health professionals with background knowledge of falls, age-related changes and how these can impact an individual’s function, mobility and falls risk.
Being interactive, practical and evidence-informed, the module will help you facilitate effective and relevant falls prevention exercise strategies for older adults living in the community.
Module One Learning Objectives:
- What a fall is and why it is important to prevent them
- How the ageing process and health conditions impact on falls risk
- The impact of gait, balance, strength and flexibility on falls risk
- How to identify falls risk
- How to implement safe exercise practice
- Where to find falls prevention resources and help.
Introduction to Falls Prevention includes ten self-paced lessons with a quiz and a survey on completion. Individuals who complete the quiz and survey will receive a certificate for the learning module.
To start your learning, create a new account at the Injury Matters Learning Centre. Once your account is activated:
- Click ‘Site home’ in the left-hand side bar,
- Choose which course to enrol in,
- Click ‘Enrol’,
- Start course.