2021 Injury Matters Injury Prevention and Safety Promotion Award Winners
In 2021, the Injury Prevention and Safety Promotion Awards recognised individuals and organisations that are having a positive impact on the community by conducting activities that aim to prevent and reduce the impact of injury within Western Australia. These include:
Outstanding Achievement in Injury Prevention or Safety Promotion
- Royal Life Saving Society WA, Keep Watch Program.
Outstanding Achievement in Injury Recovery
- Black Swan Health, Men of Hope.
Outstanding Achievement in Influencing Injury Policy or Practice
- Collaboration for Evidence, Research and Impact in Public Health at Curtin University and the Royal Life Saving Society of Western Australia, Make the Right Call research project.
Outstanding Achievement Empowering WA to Prevent Injury or Support Recovery
- Royal Perth Hospital, Prevent Alcohol and Risk-related Trauma in Youth Program.
Outstanding Achievement in Collaboration for a Safer WA
- Holyoake Wheatbelt Community Alcohol & Drug Service, The WCADS Prevention Team.
Outstanding Achievement in Injury Prevention or Recovery Support Within Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Communities
- South West Aboriginal Medical Service, Barang Koorliny (Get Moving) Program.
Outstanding Achievement by a Local Government in Injury Prevention or Recovery Support
- City of Kwinana and the South Metropolitan Health Service, The Kwinana Falls Prevention Project.
For more information about the winners and nominees see the 2021 Injury Prevention and Safety Promotion Awards Program below.