The 2023 Injury Matters Injury Prevention and Safety Promotion Awards recognise individuals and organisations who are having a positive impact on the community by conducting activities that aim to prevent and reduce the impact of injury within Western Australia. This includes initiatives which addresses factors that impact injury across all population groups such as alcohol, extreme weather events, and the built environment.
Applications for the Awards are open until the Friday 10th February 2023 and are encouraged from the diverse injury prevention and safety promotion sector, including not-for-profit organisations, private sector, community groups, educational institutions and government bodies.
Award categories include:
- Outstanding Achievement in Injury Prevention or Safety Promotion.
- Outstanding Achievement in Injury Recovery.
- Outstanding Achievement in Influencing Injury Policy or Practice.
- Outstanding Achievement Empowering WA to Prevent Injury or Support Recovery.
- Outstanding Achievement in Collaboration for a Safer WA.
- Outstanding Achievement in Injury Prevention or Recovery Support within Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities.
- Outstanding Achievement by a Local Government in Injury Prevention or Recovery Support.
- Outstanding Achievement in Practice that Supports Recovery for those Impacted by Road Trauma.
We encourage you to share the Injury Matters 2023 Injury Prevention and Safety Promotion Awards nomination booklet with your networks to ensure all injury prevention activities having a positive impact in WA have a chance to be recognised.
A breakfast event to celebrate all the nominees and winners will be held on Thursday 11th May 2023 at the Perth Convention and Exhibition Centre – mark your calendars!