- This event has passed.
Mental Health First Aid Course (Transport Industry)
25 October 2021 @ 8:30 am - 26 October 2021 @ 4:30 pm$150
Join Injury Matters Mental and Physical Safety on our Roads Program as we deliver a two-day Mental Health First Aid Course. Undertaking mental health first aid training helps support good mental health, whether it is at an organisational level, within a community group or individually.
The course will provide you with the skills and knowledge required to assist others who may be developing a mental health issue, having a worsening mental health issue or be in crisis.
- To be aware of and understand the risk, signs, and symptoms of mental health issues.
- How to listen and respond to someone with a mental health problem.
- Practising skills to help someone experiencing mental health problems in the workplace or the community.
- How to help someone access the support they might need.
- Participants can become an Accredited Mental Health First Aider by completing an online assessment post-course.
Priority registrations will be for those working within the heavy vehicle and transport industry. If you are not in this industry, but would like to attend a similar training, please contact us at [email protected]