- This event has passed.
Elder abuse recognition and response in older adults workshop | GERALDTON
17 November 2021 @ 12:30 pm - 3:30 pmFREE
Elder abuse is a serious public health issue, estimated to affect 1 in 20 older adults in Western Australia. Elder abuse can have ongoing health impacts on an individual, such as physical injury, poor mental health, and increased risk of placement in residential aged care. It is vital that health and community professionals working with older adults in WA carry the skills to recognise and respond to elder abuse to ensure the safety of their clients.
Hosted by Injury Matters and delivered by Advocare, this workshop will explore:
- Elder abuse and its impact on older adults
- How to recognise and respond to elder abuse
- Options for clients experiencing elder abuse
- Elder abuse policy and procedure for organisations
- Advocare and how they can assist you
This workshop is for anyone working with older adults, including home care service providers, carers and support workers, community workers, and health and allied health professionals.