- This event has passed.
What are we doing to prevent injury in the WA community?
May 17 @ 10:00 am - 11:30 amFREE
The impact that injury has on all Western Australians reinforces the importance of focusing on the preventable and predictable nature of injury and the need to make injury prevention a priority. The wide range of health areas within injury further contributes to the need for an integrated approach to injury prevention by a range of health sectors. As a health professional, understanding the range of initiatives that already exist, and advocacy areas that need further attention, is vital for affective and sustainable public health programs. Join Injury Matters as we hear from leaders within the injury prevention space on topics that range from poisoning and drowning prevention to alcohol harm reduction. We will hear from:
- Rachel Murray on Drowning Prevention RLSWA
- Kristen Jamieson on Child Injuries Kidsafe WA
- Julia Stafford on reducing harm by cheap alcohol Cancer Council WA
Learn more about the work being done in this space, and ways that you can advocate for injury prevention in WA.
This webinar training aims to:
- Increased knowledge of trends in injury in Western Australia
- Increased awareness of injury prevention advocacy areas in WA
- Increased knowledge of injury prevention services, programs, and resources available in WA
Who should attend?
This webinar training is suitable for people working in Local Governments, as advocates and policy officers, in the field of Health Promotion and Public Health, and for health professionals in Country and Regional Health Services, and Aboriginal Health Services and organisations.